MapleStory M is available on the Play Store within an English language available beta

MapleStory M is available on the Play Store within an English language available beta

Mmoak2018
MapleStory M is Nexon's Most Up-to-date attempt to deliver the MapleStory MMORPG to Android. It's since been eliminated, but it doesn't mean Nexon has given up on bringing the franchise to cellular. In October of 2016 MapleStory M premiered in Korea, but there wasn't any word about an English release. It seems like we know for certain that an English version is coming stateside because a public beta is on the Cheap Maplestory Mesos Play Store at the moment.

Now, 1 thing you will want to keep in mind is that the current English record of MapleStory M will just be accessible on the Play Store before January 30th. The official launch is planned for sometime later this year. So in the event that you want to jump in the MMORPG gameplay, then you ought to do so post haste, as the clock is counting down. Additionally, it is worth pointing out that the game's servers will be wiped after this beta is finished, so any progress you make in the sport is going to be lost when it's officially released. Fortunately any in-app purchases which will undoubtedly be in the last release aren't active with this beta, so there's no way to eliminate any money while testing the title out.

If you are unfamiliar with MapleStory, it's an extremely popular Korean 2D MMORPG that's been available on PC since 2003. Yes it's super grindy, and yes it is very pay-to-win, but that's never appeared to stop any of its own fans. As for what sets MapleStory M besides its PC predecessor, nicely, not too much, and that's a good thing. Sure there are a couple quality of life improvements for easier touchscreen controllers. One of those is the addition of an auto questing button in the top left of the display, just like you would expect to find in nearly all mobile MMOs out there. Obviously, any auto features are optional, so you're free to perform how you like, which is very good for those people who plan on playing manually.

Oh, and if you're counting on any sort of control service, the beta does not have any such attribute. Perhaps this will be added in later, but that's most likely a stretch because the game has been available in Korea for a little over a year now, and so far as I know, it doesn't have controller support either.

All in all, I must say I was surprised to watch Maplestory 2 Mesos show up on the Play Store with an English version. I'm even more excited since it is indeed a lot closer if not nearly exactly the same as the PC version. Sure that the super grindy gameplay won't be for everybody, and there is no doubt that Nexon will probably be nickel and diming its fans once the game's IAPs are dwell from the final product. But despite all of the regular complaints, there's something very endearing about the game that is difficult to simply shrug off.