Linda G December 19, 2015 One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, Courage To Change, Hope For Today, Beside Blessings

Linda G December 19, 2015 One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, Courage To Change, Hope For Today, Beside Blessings

One Day at a Time in Al-Anon
There are 168 hours in each week. Those who come to Al-Anon for help have many of those hours filled with disturbing and even painful experience: uncertainty, unfilled needs and even violence. There are ways to overcome much of this distress, and Al-Anon offers us one way.
Isn't it worth one little hour out of 168 to come to an Al-Anon meeting? Isn't it worth 10 minutes a day for reading the Al-Anon books that tell us what we can do to help ourselves and perhaps half an hour to give a lift to another person in trouble?
Today's Reminder
It takes so little time out of the week to learn how Al-Anon applies to me and my chaotic life that the changes I can bring about seem like miracles. Living the Al-Anon way is an every day program, and the more thought I give to it, the greater my rewards will be--in contentment, fulfillment and constant spiritual growth.
"Every minute I use in thinking and using the Al-Anon program makes all the hours of my week more livable."
<<<<< >>>>>
Courage To Change
Alcoholism is a three-fold--physical, emotional, and spiritual--disease. Because I been affected by another's alcoholism, I check on my own physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being by asking myself:
Is my physical well-being of priority? Do I eat well and get enough sleep? When was the last time I had a check up or went to a dentist? Do I keep myself clean? Take breaks? Exercise?
Do I ask for or give a hug when I need to? Am I growing more aware of my feelings? Do I have a sponsor and Al-Anon friends to help me through the rough times? Can I celebrate when things go well? Am I taking time to enjoy myself? Is any of the attention I once gave to negative thinking now focused on gratitude?
Do I have a relationship with a Power greater than myself? If not, am I willing to give it a try? Do I make time for prayer and meditation? Am I more willing to ask for help? Do I regularly attend Al-Anon meetings, read Al-Anon literature, and apply the Steps and other tools to my everyday life? Do I recognize and acknowledge my growth?
Today's Reminder
By simply taking inventory of my self-care habits, I am beginning to improve them.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world."
George Bernard Shaw
<<<<< >>>>>
Hope For Today
I was given few choices as a child growing up in an alcoholic family. I was told what to believe and how to believe. If I deviated even slightly from the chosen path, I was reproached and corrected. What I ate, what music I listened to, who my friends were, what clothes I wore, what I watched on television, and what church I attended depended on my parents' control. They wanted to show the world a "perfect family." Needless to say, I didn't develop any individuality. I was too busy caretaking and obsessing about the rules to find out who I was inside.
When Al-Anon asked me to focus on myself, I didn't understand what that meant. I had no idea what were my likes, dislikes, needs, or desires. When I listen to others share, I thought they were a little strange. How could it fix the alcoholic for them to talk about themselves?
Slowly I became aware that Al-Anon was for me, not the alcoholic. I learned that I already had inside myself all the answers I would ever need to all the questions I would ever have. The key to finding them, however, was to go inside and become acquainted with myself. Through my Fourth Step I got to know my own thoughts, feelings, and talents. What I found wasn't too pretty, but I stayed with the program and trusted the Steps. As I cleaned away the debris of shame and guilt in Steps Five through Nine, my inner knowledge and wisdom--the voice of my Higher Power--became clearer. I found a peace I never knew was possible.
Thought for the Day
I like the me I am discovering.
"With the program to guide me, I can be myself and become something better than I ever thought possible."
Alateen--a day at a time, p. 114
Beside Blessings
With the new dawn there is delivered to your door a flesh, new package called "today." God has designed each of us in such a way that we can handle only one package at a time . . . and all the grace we need will be supplied by Him has we live out that day.
Those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalm 9: 10

Re: Linda G December 19, 2015 One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, Courage To Change, Hope For Today, Beside Blessings

rukiye0901
LEO Privacy looks well designed and works properly. Its so good and it secures my mobileļ¼Œ I can use it to hide videos and images, and i can use it to see who want to see my phone with  break-in-alert function. No problem in this application. Just recommand this to you.I like a new function. Private browsing.
Best applock.http://bit.ly/forumleop